The vast majority of scientific documents is written in English, the official language of scientific community. However documents often require a translation into other languages, also into Italian.
Scientific translations require the knowledge of specific and localized topics and use a technical language. Many scientific translators own a master degree in a science-related field.
Scientific translations not always are directed to a specialized audience, but they can have readers with very different characteristics. If each time we write or translate a document it’s important to keep in mind who’s the reader, in scientific translation this becomes fundamental.
Due to my training and professional experience, I focused on some issues and scientific documents kinds, so that I can offer an accurate translation respecting both the original text and target audience.
These are scientific documents I translate
- popular articles for magazines for a wide range of readers
- articles and essays for specialist magazines
- websites about topics directed to more or less expert readers
- textbooks for primary and secondary education or university books
- documents in pharma field, related to research (e.g. protocols and informed consents), to registration (pharma-toxicology dossiers, clinical dossiers, pre-clinical and clinical expertise) and to sell (product leaflets and the like)
- documents in the medical field, such as clinical trials, product questionnaires, specialized articles, popular articles, website articles
Since some years I also offer technical writing and scientific advisory in Italian, collaborating with both digital and printed scientific advisory newspapers. Beyond practical writing I thoroughly studied writing modes, text types, how to adapt texts on destination public, through training courses and specialist books.
Some scientific translation projects
If you prefer to have a direct idea about my scientific translation projects, you can find them in the portfolio.
For any questions or information, you can contact me without any obligation.